Monday, April 29, 2013

I stop church services Sunday morning

I stopped church services yesterday morning. Yes, it was unintentional; I came close to passing out.

I'll say more about it but first, this was senior Sunday, not for old folks but recognizing nine who are graduating from high school this spring.  Eight of the nine attended as all were honored for their academic and service accomplishments.  One thousand dollar scholarships went to two of the nine.

One surprise to me was that most of them were soccer players, some being outstanding for four years.  In my time it would have been baseball and football, with a little attention to basketball.  Things change.

Now to my problem in church.  I remained sitting as the congregation sang the Doxology and a hymn, to be followed by the pastor's sermon.  Suddenly, I felt if I were spinning and the whole world had dropped away. I fell against Jen and said, "I'm passing out."  Several came to help, put me in a wheelchair and took me to the car.  Two boys followed us home and helped me to the couch.  I thought my blood pressure would be low, accounting for my condition, but it was high.  Last night I had a swimming head and could not stand. I'm hoping the doctor can help.

No comments:

Post a Comment