Monday, January 21, 2013

I freed the birds

We were visiting the pastor at the parsonage in Sibley. I was a very small child, I'm sure, although my memory does not ed  tell me how old.  The minister had several birds in cages.  I didn't know then what kind they were and do not have any idea now.

While the adults visited I got bored and look for something to do.  That something turned out to be opening every cage and allowing  every bird to escape. You can imagine the uproar, but eventually all of the birds were caught and returned to their cages.

I don't know whether my parents were more embarrassed or more angry -- a combination of both most likely.  My defense that I  thought the birds should have freedom and I was giving them what they wanted did not go over well at all.  I doubt I visited in that parsonage again.

No comments:

Post a Comment