Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Blog began three years ago

This blog, Roy E Lowe.com, began three years ago as a Christmas gift from my daughter, Jessica.  I didn't know what to do with it, but I began posting mostly memories of events of my childhood.  I posted a few times about my service on the USS Pickens, APA 190, and was delighted that this led to contacts with others who served on the ship and families of former shipmates. I hope to stay in touch with as many of the shipmates and their families as are interested.

Eventually the blog turned into an abbreviated editorial column, which is not surprising since I edited a weekly newspaper for 20 years.  Who knows how this blog will be in the future or even if it stays alive. At this moment I plan to continue to submit whatever is on my mind, not being concerned whether I have readers or whether they like what I write.  Here's to three more years plus as many more as I can offer.

No comments:

Post a Comment