Monday, November 26, 2012

Where has the year gone?

Wow, has this year sped by or what.  My car has a November inspection sticker and I feel sure I  had it inspected only two months ago.  We've one hectic,  wild spending, bill paying month left.  I know there's going to be  a 2013 because I have received 17 calendars from  organizations seeking donations.  What can I do with all those calendars?  Some are just  too beautiful to throw away but they are headed for recycling. 

In addition to monthly bills -- utilities, credit cart etc., December 31 is the deadline to pay property taxes for the city and parish.  Add to those bills property insurance for the coming year and  some joy goes out of the Christmas season, which brings its own share of bills.

Let's tell ourselves that some joy is ahead as the president and Congress arrive at a sensible solution to the country's financial troubles.  Yeah, count on it; just don't bet your house.

No comments:

Post a Comment