Friday, November 30, 2012

I'm doubly down

I'm so down, down, down.  First, I fell --yes again.  I was at this little trailer which  houses an inspection station when my feet slipped and I crashed down on my back and my head hit and bounced.  I could not get up; thankfully, Jason  had  gone with me and he finally heard my calls and helped  me get up.  I didn't break any bones but I re-injured a shoulder and am generally banged up..

That's only part of the reason I feel so down.  I  checked the R. W. Norton oral history web site  and found all the images and part  of my naval history has disappeared.  They are listed -- my two discharges, my notice of separation, the Astoria newspaper and  my two pictures -- but they no longer exist.  It wouldn't be so bad but all those items were displaced or lost.

No comments:

Post a Comment