Tuesday, October 2, 2012

October and its beauty

Oh, what a beautiful October day!  The sun was bright and comfortable this morning, although as the day wore on the temperature rose beyond the comfort zone

October is, along with May, our most enjoyable month weather-wise.  It is great for the gardener, who sees his hard work pay off as he collects tomatoes, squash, cucumbers, okra and other vegetables.  Not for me though, as I didn't garden.

Fall flowers are decorating gardens and yards, providing color to gladden the eye and heart.  Not for me though as my flower beds are nothing but grass.

I refuse to accept that I will no longer have a vegetable garden or flower beds.  Maybe, they'll be on a smaller scale, but I am going to figure a way to have  them both.

No comments:

Post a Comment