Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Monday -- a stressful day

We returned Sunday night from Baton Rouge and our visit with Jessica, who flew back to North Carolina that night.  Jen went with Jessica to the installation of Cynthia Fierro Harvey as the new Louisiana bishop of the United Methodist Church.  Jessica, in her first year of seminary at Duke, was able to spend a few minutes with the new bishop.  It is never too early to play politics.

I did not post Monday, which was a stressful day.  I  met with the cardiologist after an absence of 14 months and a heart cath. Actually, I saw two cardiologists, neither of whom paid attention when I told them about my dizzy spells.  Instead, they changed one type of medicine and made an appointment for November 7, two weeks from now.  They want to see if the new medicine has any effect.  I continue to take meds for high blood pressure but the new prescription takes the place of the one I have been taking for angina.  I told them that I have not been bothered by angina pains in the past 30 days but I have suffered from dizzyness accompanied by low blood pressure.

That visit was stressful enough but it was followed by a meeting of so-called church leaders to get financial pledges for 2013.  Then came the  presidential debate, which I found disappointing; I am waiting on more answers and explanation about the attack on Benghazi which resulted in the murder of our ambassador and three others.  We had only recently learned that the United States had a drone observing the attack for about six hours but did not send any help.

No comments:

Post a Comment