Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Hey, I'm back in time for Halloween

If you have noticed I haven't blogged in several days, blame the computer; it has been ill and is not yet fully recovered.

The interest of the nation is on Hurricane Sandy and its catastrophic damage throughout the Northeast and along the Atlantic coast.  I know all of us have those affected in our prayers.  With the most important presidential election ever only a week away, I will have comments later after the attention on the storm has become less intense.

Today let's talk about Halloween coming up Wednesday.  Do the witches you know prefer worn or new brooms or just broom sticks as their mode of transportation?

Halloween never meant much to me as a kid and as an adult I don't think of it as a holiday except that my grandkids get excited and enjoy it so much.  They like wearing a costume, and they enjoy the decorations and love the candy.

No one could enjoy Halloween more that my daughter Jessica when she was four or five.  She rated Halloween more fun than Christmas.  The Boy Scouts had a haunted house for several years and she was part of the cast.  Later, the scouts got the help of a 4-H club and the American Rose Society and carried on a haunted trail for several days, climaxing with the night of Halloween.  A cast of at least 80 was required to present the ride and the event became too demanding to continue.  Although now 22 and a student at Duke seminary, Jessica has decorated her apartment and held a Halloween party.  She still really enjoys the holiday.

No comments:

Post a Comment