Monday, July 9, 2012

We have returned

Jen and returned home Sunday afternoon after spending a few days in Branson, Mo.  We spent the Fourth on the highway traveling  and spent most of Sunday  coming back home.  We enjoyed three shows but were somewhat limited in our activities because of  weather over 100 degrees each day and my difficulty walking with my back and hip pains.  Several  times the heat and low blood pressure made me dizzy and close to passing out.

During the halftime intermission of Country Jubilee  (by the way, an entertaining show with a number of talented performers), they were introducing VIP's and called out the Lowes. I began to laboriously struggle from my seat, intending to enter the aisle and bow, only to be pulled back down by Jen, who whispered, "they mean the Lowes from Utah." That is a group that performs some days.  Actually, they were just recognizing people who work at the huge Lowe's store in Branson. My feelings were hurting until Jen took my picture under a sign that designated me as Passionate. I tried over  and over to get her picture with a similar compliment but the machine wouldn't cooperate, describing her in unflattering ways.

We returned home to thunder showers Sunday and today.  Let's hope the extremely hot and dry spell is broken for several weeks at least.


No comments:

Post a Comment