Tuesday, June 19, 2012

There's much to be angry about

An  early sometimes reader of my blog remarked that I seemed to sound angry all the time.  I was surprised because most of my early  posts had been about humorous happenings during my childhood and at school. When my daughter established the blog I intended to enjoy it and write my thoughts without worrying whether anyone else found them entertaining or worthwhile.

As time passed I began to talk about my time in the navy, mostly about experiences aboard the USS Pickens. This resulted in being contacted by sons of former shipmates.  Still later I began to comment on political affairs.  Now I feel that I have a responsibility to inform about the Great Depression and warn that similar failed government programs could have similar results, causing much hardship.  Students are not exposed to much history today.  How many know that the Roosevelt administration had six million pigs killed and destroyed while people went hungry and milk poured down the drain while children were deprived of milk?  Few people alive today remember that but I do, and I do get angry as I see this government advocate policies that are totally wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment