Monday, April 2, 2012

I sorta miss Ole Buddy

Buddy could give me a little companionship and help fill some of my many loely hours.   I used  to enjoy watching him run; he was a beautiful dog when he was clean and brushed.  As a registered Golden Retriever he wasn't good for anything except as a companion.  If a burglar dressed in black wearing a mask and armed with two guns came to break in the house, Buddy would have greeted him as a friend.  That didn't keep some people from being scared of him.

Buddy was a good scholar; he learned well at school.  However, he quickly forgot what he had learned or was just too stubborn to do as he had been taught.

Although our backyard is spacious, Buddy never overcame his desire to escape and see the world. Only a year or so before he died he left when the back gate was left open.  We searched for him several days before finding him in the pound.

His penchant for escaping  was how we  got him.  He got in our yard and Jessica was wth him long enough to fall in love and ask the owner for him.  Two weeks later the owner and his family came bringing Buddy, and a big back of food.  The next morning Buddy was gone.  We searched and called but no Buddy. Then I looked in my car, I had left a window open, and there he was.   Eventually the yard was escape proof except when someone would leave a gate open. 

Well, I suppose he is where all good dogs go when they die. I hope he doing what he enjoyed and did best -- running.

No comments:

Post a Comment