Thursday, December 15, 2011

Christian singer brightens my morning

I've gotten over it, but I have never been so disappointed in a church service as I was Sunday. Each year the choir performs Christmas music  one Sunday in December.  Of all the great and familiar songs to choose from, the choir sang a selection no one knew.  I am all for being introduced to new songs, but I wanted at least some carols that have always brought joy.

Making up for this was my discovering, by accident, a 30-minute program  "White Christmas with Vern Jackson."  He is a wonderful Christian  singer and is well known, although I had never heard of him. I looked him up on the internet where he  has a web site and has available selections of his songs. 

While listening I was trying to finish addressing Christmas cards, almost a never ending task.  Some addresses are misplaced and as you add a name, some one else comes to mind and another card needs to be sent. I promise that if I can find three addresses I will call it complete.

No comments:

Post a Comment