Monday, August 1, 2011

Shades of McIntire Methodist Church

The first song Sunday night at our  gospel sing was "The Little Brown Church in the Wildwood."  Monthly community singings at McIntire opened with  that song and closed with "How Great Thou Art."  We did not sing that last night.

All of the songs came from the Cokesbury Hymnal and  were old and well known to the people attending. No hymnal has every favorite  hymn.  We pretty well exhausted that book in an hour.  I would like us to add some more favorites next time.   I would like more joyous and uplifting songs like "Jesus Keeps Me Singing As I Go."

My choice of the song with the best message was "He Lives."

          He lives, He lives; Christ Jesus lives today;    
          You ask me how I know He lives,
           He lives within my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment