Tuesday, August 30, 2011

How many calendars is more than enough?

I remember when mailing labels were the item included in the letters sent out by charities and other fund raising groups.  You still get labels but more and more groups are sending out calendars.  Bringing this to mind was the calendar I recently received from Reagan's Ranch featuring pictures of  President Ronald Reagan.  That led me to check the calendars I have received and  I found 11 for 2012.  The first to arrive featured beautiful backyard birds and was from the National Children's Cancer Society. Two are from Indian groups, one featuring western scenes and the other paintings of Indians by Indians.

Others include one of vintage planes from Paralyzed Veterans, a Salute to  Old Glory with patriotic scenes from Americans Helping Americans;  pictures of landmarks from Wounded Warriors.  There is even one from the World War II Museum with familiar pictures from that war.

Of course, calendars are not the only "gifts"  sent out to encourage the recipient to donate.  A partial list of items I have received in the last two are three months are tote bags, T-shirts, necklaces, cards for all occasions, blankets, towels, flags, banners, pins, pens, pads, jackets, socks, caps, coins and checks.  I have already receive Christmas cards from the American Lung Association and I can expect more from other groups.  Why don't more do like Feed the Children, just send a letter and ask for a donation.

No comments:

Post a Comment