Friday, July 22, 2011

Wasting time in doctor's waitiing rooms

Have you given any thought to the millions of hours people are kept waiting by doctors?

I had an appointment at 2:30 Thursday with pain doctor.  Arrived at 2:15 as requested.  At 3:20 was taken to small room.  At 4:20 I left the room and walked the hall.  I saw open rooms and nurse personnel talking idly. I asked how long I was going to have to wait.  A few minutes later one of the nurse practitioners came to the room, spent five minutes, and wrote a prescription.  The doctor has it that I can't get medicine for my back unless I come in once a month and give him my co-pay while he tries to collect more from the insurance company.  I had to pay as soon as I arrived but could not get a receipt until I was leaving.  The stress was bad for my heart, which gave me pain all night.  There has to be a better way.

No comments:

Post a Comment