Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Remembering World War II veterans

I have just received some sand from the World War II Museum which I will keep as a tribute to those who fought on Pacific beaches. As VJ Day approaches, I hope others will remember the sacrifices many made for this nation.   Veterans are dieing and we must not forget them and what they did.  I hope the museum can soon receive donations to allow the completion of the campaign pavilion.   (The sand is from the beaches of Guadalcanal, Saipan, Tinian, Tarawa Chuuck, and Ponchartrain.)

I was not at any of these landings but I knew Marines that were, including a cousin, Cecil Roberts.Those victories put Japan on the defensive and allowed the United States time to build military strength and push on to final victory, the 66th anniversary to be observed August 14.

No comments:

Post a Comment