Saturday, July 2, 2011

Remembering my time with the Homer Lions Club

I saw in the Guardian-Journal that the Homer Lions Club is celebrating its 85th year of service.  This comes at a time when many service clubs are disbanding after many years.  Pictured were five of the many Lions who had served as president -- Elmer Poss, Vernon James,  Mike McKean, Pete Pearson and Carroll Dowies. Although I knew four of these people well for many years I could not recognize any of them from the picture. For 20 years I attended Lions meetings at noon on Thursdays twice a month and was happy to serve in various offices including the presidency.  The Lions club was a leader in service to the community, acting as a chamber of commerce until that organization was formed, again led by the Lions club. Congratulations to the club and present and past members.

No comments:

Post a Comment