Monday, June 20, 2011

My Father's Day gift surprises me

We've called Jessica my Father's Day gift because she was born two days before Father's Day on June 15, 1990.  /She surprised me by coming home Sunday evening with her mother.  Jen had gone to Baton Rouge to attend a 40th anniversary party for her brother Jeff and his wife Diane.  Jen was also going to see Jessica and her dance partner Rivers take part in a two-day dance competition.

I would not be surprised to see Jessica pictured and interviewed by the Baton Rouge Advocate for some of her many school and community activities but I certainly did not think it would be for dancing.  The Advocate was covering the event and chose to interview Jessica and Rivers and run their picture on the front page of a section.  Jessica got a shock at church Sunday morning when many members commented about it.

The important thing is that we got to share a combined birthday and Father's Day cake and to spend some time together.

No comments:

Post a Comment