Monday, May 9, 2011

A Mother's Day I Would Like to Forget

I have long been a track and field fan, so when I was working in Baton Rouge, I really looked forward to attending the Southeastern Conference championship meet at Bernie Moore stadium. When I was a student at LSU, the SEC championship meets had been in Birmingham.

A problem arose.  It was Mother's Day, the time restaurants are overwhelmed with families taking mom out to eat.  Jen's mother had prevailed on her to work  that day and Jen persuaded a very reluctant me to help. Lunch hour went on and on but we finally were free to catch the last minutes of the meet.  We left in Jen's car, which began to have troubles,  a broken belt. When that was replaced the meet was over.  To this day I have never seen an SEC track meet. A side note -- LSU has a great team this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment