Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Missouri Governor Impresses Me

My wife and I watched  very little television during our visit to Branson but  of course we were concerned about the tornado destruction of Joplin, Mo.  I turned to the memorial ceremony for the tornado victims and caught the governor speaking.  For a moment I thnought I was listening to a minister before realizing it was Governor Jay Nelson.  He was certainly politically incorrect as he invoked God and Jesus Christ in his message, which could be summed up as "Love Your Neighbor."  He referred to the parable of the Good Samaritan as he told of people from Tuacaloosa driving all night and sleeping in the open to come to Joplin and provide badly needed  help. .His eloquence was exceeded only by his heartfelt sincerity of caring.

No comments:

Post a Comment