Monday, May 2, 2011

Just a Note to Mark Two Big Happenings

Tornadoes of record speed and destruction killed hundreds and destroyed cities in the South the past two weeks.  Many homes and other buildings  were left as piles of sticks.   This destruction cannot be undone and no one can be brough tback to life, but the generosity of American people must respond with donations to the Red Cross, your church, or some other reputable entity. Later, volunteers can clear debris and help in reconstruction.

Osana ben Laden has been killed, almost l0 years since he masterminded the attack on the trade center in New York.  I join in the satisfaction that he has been eliminated, bringing in a small way  closure for families who lost loved ones in the dastardly attack.  However, I don't feel like celebrating in the way many are doing.  I remember when Japan surrendered and people celebrated by getting drunk and acting like fools. I was on liberty in San Francisco at that time and felt a prayerful thanks that  the war was over and we would not need to invade Japan. I was disgusted with the way people acted, cut my liberty short, and returned to the ship.

No comments:

Post a Comment