Saturday, April 16, 2011

I Am a Grammar School Grad and Can Prove It

I cannot prove I served more than two years on active duty in the Navy and eight years in the Reserves; nor can I prove I am a graduate of Louisiana State University; heck, I cannot even prove I was graduated from Minden High School.  My discharges and diplomas have been lost or misplaced.  However, I can establish with absolute proof I completed the seventh grade and am a proud graduate of Minden Grammar School.

While moving things around in the garage to make room for the installation of new garage doors, my diploma showed up, just a folded, wrinkled, faded piece of paper.  Jen's diploma from Istrouma High School  was unearthed, also, but it was on a shelf,  very visible in a red cover.  If I ever find my discharges and my ship's history, it won't be in the  garage.  They are pictured on the internet along with a summary of my oral history.

No comments:

Post a Comment