Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Right to Work Story Continued

I had persuaded a family-owned but large furniture manufacturer to consider locating a plant in North Louisiana.  Representatives of the company flew in to take a look at the area and inspect a 93,000 square foot building that was available in Arcadia.  I met them and took them to dinner that night.  They started complaining about the state not having a right to work law and conveyed the impression that the trip was a waste.  

They spent the night at a hotel near the airport.  I arrived early and saw the headline on the Times that one house of the Louisiana legislature had  passed a right to work bill.  I picked up a newspaper for each one and placed them on the table at their places.  They accused me of having the papers printed just for them.  Later, the plant was located in Arcadia and operated for several years.

No comments:

Post a Comment