Saturday, December 25, 2010

Merry Christmas Everyone

May your joys be many and lasting and your sorrows be few and fleeting.

One year has passed since my daughter set up this blog.  I did not know if I would  take advantage of it and if so whether it would be like a diary or a commentary on current events.  As it has developed, it has been a little of  everything, from remembrances of  my time on the USS Pickens in World War II, to stories of events in my childhood, to sometimes bitter comments on government policies.  What has brought me the most pleasure has been hearing from former shipmates and  family members of  Pickens shipmates. What direction this blog will take in the coming year is unimportant, only that I continue it in some way as long as I am able.

No comments:

Post a Comment