Thursday, September 23, 2010

You Want Solar Panels -- Pay for Them

I don't care if you put solar panels on your home, your chicken house or your outdoor toilet -- but I refuse to help you pay for them.  All these stories of people bragging about installing solar panels and getting taxpayers to pay most of the cost make me angry.  One article reported  a man saying solar panels cost him $50,000 before he got $40,000 in refunds and subsidies from the federal and state governments.  The owner estimated that in l0 to 12 years he would save enough on utility bills to recover the $10,000 the panels had cost him.  At that rate in 50 years or so utility savings would cover the entire $50,000, not including interest.  Will he then repay the taxpayers our money?   Don't hold your breath waiting for that to happen.  I suppose we can't blame some people for taking advantage of bad programs as long as they benefit them. But I ask, when will the government leave us alone to make our own choices and cease using bribes and threats to direct us to buy solar panels, cars, appliances or any other products or services the government decides are best for us?   I'm  more than fed up; I'm mad as hell.

No comments:

Post a Comment