Wednesday, August 18, 2010

My Driver's License Renewed This Morning

My license has been renewed for four more years.  I didn't have to wait over 30 minutes before being called. My waiting time was eased by talking to a young mother who had a seven-months old girl.  The baby never fussed and played with toys on a string over her carrier.  I had a little difficulty with the eye testing machine at first until the operator adjusted it.  I paid $l2.50 for four more years  of driving; I thought it was going to cost more. Before leaving  for the license office this morning I practiced posing so I would have a handsome picture on my license.  It didn't work, although I think I look healthier than my picture four years ago, which was taken a few days after my triple bypass operation.  The photographer denied my request for three poses; I told her I always look better on the third pose.  I complained that the picture on the license a young and pretty girl  had was better than mine and that wasn't fair.  No matter, I  have my license even though the picture doesn't make me look young and handsome.

No comments:

Post a Comment