Sunday, April 25, 2010

Joyful Noise Sings I'll Meet You in the Moning

Our offertory hymn this morning was the gospel song "I'll Meet You in the Morning," sung by the Joyful Noise. I would have enjoyed it even more if the congregation had been invited to join in. It was a pleasure to see how much some of the group enjoyed singing, smiling and moving their feet in time.

I would like for us to have more gospel singing. On the other hand I don't want to eliminate any of those great hymns with their awe-inspiring poetry worshiping God, such as Issac Watt's--

"When I survey the wondrous cross,
On which the Prince of Glory died,
My richest gain I count but loss,
And pour contempt on all my pride."

Wh0 is not inspired by such poetry? I continue to enjoy the expressions of love for Jesus in the simpler songs of Fanny Crosby, Charles Wesley and many others. There may be sermons in stones, although I've never heard one, but there are certainly sermons in our music.

No comments:

Post a Comment