Thursday, February 11, 2010

Now we are getting snow and I don't like it.

Mark has sent us pictures of snow in the DC area and now we are joining the snow belt, the second time this winter it has snowed here in Shreveport. Snow has been lightly falling since early this morning but as mostly melted as it strikes warm building and ground. My car is covered, though,and with five inches predicted for tonight and a doctor's appointment at 8, I've got problems. So have Jen, Matthew and Jason. I'll have to get up early to get snow off windshield and windows.

I have never been a great lover of snow. It was exciting and something to look forward to when I was a kid on the farm, but it came with a cost. Chores such as milking cows, feeding horses and chickens, hauling in fire wood took away much of the excitement and pleasure. Now I have no desire for snow -- none at all. Why live in the South if you are going to have bad winters. Let Erie Pa. and other snow areas keep it-- they are used to it. In Erie you are  required to have snow tires or chains by September or face a fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment