Tuesday, September 4, 2012

We made TSA's day

Travel -- I hate it; you can have it. Because I have a steel ball in my right shoulder, I am subjected to more inconvenience than most people have to put up with, including full body pat down.  Yesterday we had to go through security inspection twice.  We set off alarms that sounded throughout the terminal and were terrified by a loud voice ordering us to "Turn around. Go back right now."  Jen kept pushing my wheelchair  from the insecure area against the flow of traffic back into the secure area.  Let me start from the beginning.

Mark let us out at Delta and at curb side we checked our bag, received boarding passes and got me a wheelchair.  The attendant pushed me into the terminal and promised some one would appear soon to take us to security and to our gate. Jen was impatient and pushed the chair to security.  I was singled out for a complete body pat-down and other checks, but we got through and headed for  the elevator to go to the concourse and gate from where we would board our plane

Jen got directions twice for the elevator location but pushed me out of the secure area to an elevator that went to baggage claim.  She headed  back  to the secure area to find the right elevator, and, of course, all hell broke loose with alarms going off and a voice of doom telling us to go back. Security claimed us and took as back to go through a second time. While I was being searched again, Jen was informed my nine containers of pills should have been placed in a tray.  My hands  were swabbed in a check for explosives, but they  finding none, we were finally through.  Taking the correct elevator this time, we were soon at our gate.

Our flight was uneventful, but our troubles were not over.  We had only a few minutes to connect with the plane to Shreveport, and Delta had not supplied a wheelchair.  We asked for and got one and only because the driver of the wheelchair knew the way did we make it to the  gate by the time the plane  was supposed to leave.  After our stressful rush, we find that while the plane was at the gate, the crew was in Greenville. We did get to Shreveport about 9:15.  Travel -- I hate it.

No comments:

Post a Comment