Friday, September 7, 2012

My thoughts on Dem convention

First, let me be honest; I didn't watch much of the convention doings because they made me sick to my stomach.  In addition to expected personal attacks on Romney and Ryan. the Democrats defended their failures by claiming Obama created 4.5 million jobs.  Did those delegates really swallow that?

Bill Clinton was their cheerleader, boasting about jobs created during his eight years; somehow that was to be pasted over  Obama's administration.  Clinton has never acknowledged that some of the favorable economic measures passed during his service were passed by a Republican congress over his objection.

Let's be honest and knowledgeable.  Under our socio-capitalistic system, there will be recessions and inflation. Conditions over which we have  no control, including 9-11, have an enormous impact. While Jimmy Carter was a weak president,  he had to deal with Americans being captured and an oil embargo.

The Democrats were fortunate that the job report did not come out a day earlier.  Look how dismal it is, with only 96,000 jobs added while  368,000 workers gave up looking for a job and are not counted in the labor force. Think about it -- 99 million are not in the labor force.  Who feeds and clothes them?  Workers who are still employed although many of whom are in minimum jobs.

(I know my readers have been anxious for my take on Obama's speech. Several, liberal and conservative, have called it  "empty."  That's good enough for me.  He offered nothing about solving the economic problems. As one commentator observed, he sounded as if his re-election  is certain, or that defeat is certain.)

No comments:

Post a Comment