Sunday, August 26, 2012

Was I psychic or psycho?

There I was blindfolded, holding hands with another boy and bumping into desks and walls while students giggled and laughed.  How did I get put in such a situation?  Maybe, I volunteered or maybe I was selected; I don't remember. Out seventh grade teacher, Mr. Trout, was trying to prove something and provide a break from the monotony of studies.

Most people have experienced a feeling that some one was staring at them, turned around and found it was true. Or they have stared at some one  and seen that individual finally look around.  I was blindfolded, an object was placed in full view, and my companion was to keep his eyes glued on that object.  He was not to lead me or steer me in any direction.

After stumbling around, embarrassed and convinced I would never see the object, something happened; I could plainly see the  paddle the teacher loved to wield, and I dashed toward it, supposedly proving  one person could transfer what he saw and concentrated on to another person.

I know this happened.  I tried this with my brothers and sisters but they were usually  too impatient, although I seem to remember it was successful once.

No comments:

Post a Comment