Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Christie calls for honesty from elected officials

If there is a criteria for keynote speaches, I will agree that Chris Christie remarks Tuesday night did not meet it.  His speech was more like a presidential candidate, calling on government officials to be honest and for all people to stand with him in facing the real problems and working to solve them.

At one point I began to think that Christie has been reading my blog.  How many times I have said that we need a Congress with the guts to tell people the truth about our problems and the sacrifices that will be necessary.  As recently as August 18 I was asking "Can voters accept truth?"  Christie was emphatic in his belief that voters will accept the truth if elected officials are honest with them.  Let's hope he is right.

No comments:

Post a Comment