Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Visiting on Skype Gives Pleasure but It Can't Give Hugs

Mark and Julie called Sunday afternoon and we visited on Skype, although the phone connection kept breaking. Lily is delightful; she really enjoys naming letters.  I asked for an O and she located it and held it high over her head.  Jen was on the way from Baton Rouge and missed this visit with the granddaughter. Josh was here and Lily spoke to him as well as to me.  Pictures are good, Skype is better, but a visit would be best.

After giving up with the Skype, Mark and I visited on the phone.  I think he is the most regular reader of my blog, although he accused me of making up stories, not understanding that certain things will jog my memory of something that happened as far back as first grade.  He mentioned a hitchhiking story, though not getting it completly right.  One time, for some reason ,I got rides along Highway 167, finally reaching Minden.  I entered the bus station and asked for a ticket to McIntire, which I think cost 15 cents. I went to pay and discovered I didn't even have 15 cents.  It was late at night but I whirled around and began a five mile walk home. I had not gone far when I heard someone in high heels running after me. A womanwho worked in the station caught up with me and gave me  a ticket.  She said, "don't every say I didn't give you anything.:  

No comments:

Post a Comment