Sunday, January 9, 2011

Pastor Tom Makes Good on Promise to Wear LSU Tie

Tom Howe, senior pastor and Texas A & M grad, had promised on Face Book to wear an LSU tie Sunday morning if LSU defeated the Aggies in the Cotton Bowl Friday night.   When I saw him in the coffee room he was wearing a regular tie.  I ripped off my LSU tie and gave it to him.  He waited until he was in the pulpit to take off his tie and put on mine.  After church he said of my tie that  nothing so tacky had a place in his closet, but he asked to wear the tie through dinner and I can have it back no later than next Sunday.  He wouldn't consider doing anything disgraceful or damaging to my tie out of revenge, would he?  I should have told him that although I am a graduate of LSU I did attend Texas A & M for a week, spending my days listening to lectures and my nights listening  to Aggie and Cajun jokes told by a Cajun lady.

No comments:

Post a Comment