Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Have Not Posted Lately Because of IIlness

Being physically ill has made me interlectually lazy so I have not posted for several days even though I have wanted to express myself on several topics.  I can report that my routine visit with my cardiologist last Wednesday was encouraging.  I reported on two angina attacks I had away from home.  I almost blacked out after one when I took nitro. The doctor says always sit down before using it, but that is not always possible. 

I missed church Sunday because of a broken vessel in an eye and a general feeling of illness.  Despite feeling bad, I attended the Pinewood Derby races at Sci-Port Saturday.  I went because Jason had to work and could not be there although he had spent hours turning a block of wood into a batmobile.  I went in case we had to make adjustments to the car.  I have made many cars and seen them run in races, but I had never seen a race run the way it was done a Sci-Port.  There were 36 cars entered with each car racing eight times on the four-lane track.  That meant it took 72 races to complete the competition, with the winners being decided by a computer which timed each car every time it ran.  Kyle's car came in fourth in his den and 13th overall.  He had fever and did not feel well enough to really enjoy the races.  We leaned Monday he had strep throat.

No comments:

Post a Comment