Monday, June 14, 2010

June 14 is Flag Day

There are lots of days with special significance to our nation that are marked by flying the American Flag and of
all days flags should fly today and July Fourth.  The Stars and Stripes was born this day in 1777 in Philadelphia. I wonder if the courthouse square in Homer is blanketed by flags the way it was when I lived there. Today is also the birthday of the United States Army.  

Speaking of birthdays, Jessica will be 20 tomorrow.  Happy Birthday, honey; you are still the best Father's Day present I ever received.
 

1 comment:

  1. Aww - thanks Deddy! I had a very happy birthday, and am very glad to have left the teen years behind. Glad I turned out to be a good Father's Day present - wish I could have been in town for it this year though! I love you!

    ReplyDelete